The former academy of knights (Collegium Illustre) was built from 1588 to 1592. Until the Thirty Years' War it had been the favourite academy of the protestant aristocracy in all of Europe. Since 1817 it has been the catholic students' college. At the corner of Lange Gasse and Collegiumsgasse the building has the emblem of the Duchy of Württemberg from 1593 on top of the portal. The Latin inscription on the left is translated on the right.